DeArmond Sharp joined the firm in 1989 and has provided leadership and expertise to the practice's prestigious transactional law division. He is considered one of the premiere experts in Nevada Real Estate law and has authored and negotiated some of the largest and most complex deals in the state's history.
His reputation extends throughout the nation, and his influence on the commercial development of Nevada is profound. DeArmond's experience and knowledge is recognized by his peers who have chosen him to be a member of leading professional associations and, in many cases, to election to leadership positions.
DeArmond is pleased and proud to be able to practice law with his daughter, Stefanie, who is also a partner in the firm. He is equally proud of his son, Kyle and his family (twin daughters and a son), who live in Columbus Ohio, where Kyle is employed as Associate Executive Director to The Ohio State University Health System Specialty Care Network.
When not working, DeArmond's hobbies range from high performance driving, on famous racetracks such as Infineon and Laguna Seca, to adventure travel with his wife, Joyce, and includes golf, bicycling and family gatherings.
Areas of practice:
- Real Estate
- Business Law and Litigation
- University of Nevada B.A. 1960, Phi Kappa Phi
- Stanford University J.D. 1963
Admitted to Bar:
- 1963, Nevada
- 1964, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- 1971, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- 1979, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1984, U.S. Tax Court
- State Bar of Nevada (Member, Board of Governors, 1974-1983; President, 1982-1983)
- Washoe County Bar Association (President, 1975)
- American Bar Association (Member: House of Delegates, 1982-1986)
- American Bar Foundation
- Governing Board, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency and Nevada Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, 1986-1988
- Chairman, Nevada Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, 1987-1988
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- American Judicature Society (Member, Board of Directors, 1987-1991)
- American Inns of Court (Master, Bruce R. Thompson Chapter, 1989; President, 1994-1995)
- Martindale Hubbell AV rated for 30 years